Monday, November 27, 2017

Graduation


Hello Everyone!  Here in Australia, we are coming to the end of our school year and our Year 12 students have all just finished their schooling and preparing for University or the work force.  I have been working with a young woman since April who although was in the middle of her Year 12 studies and being home schooled; took the big step of also starting a Pastry Chef apprenticeship full time as well.  She really is such a lovely young woman and has been a great addition to the team - so when she finally completed her final exams and graduated, I wanted to make her a card to celebrate the occasion!

I've created a base of white using Radiant Rectangles and topped with pink using the same die.  Then I've cut some silver using the next die in the set.  I've stamped the image from As You Graduate in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics and sponged the sky with different inks.  I've cut this out with the oval from Radiant Rectangles and matted with pink cut with another die from the same set.  I've used the sentiment from For The Graduate and split it up, stamping one part and die cutting with Labels 33 and the stamping the other part and cut with Ribbon Banners Dies.  To finish I've added a couple of clear rhinestones.

Stamps - As You Graduate, For the
Paper - White, Pink, Silver, X-press It Blending Card
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Dandelion, Angel Pink, Summer Sky
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders: Radiant Rectangles, Ribbon Banners, Labels 33; Clear Rhinestones

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

2 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Kathy, what a gorgeous card, and I love how you've used the dies and highlighted the beautiful image (that I have). She is going to love this card, and what a joy to see her finish school well and now start a Pastry Chef apprenticeship. What a wonderful gift and love for her. You've been a real blessing to her, and I know you must be thrilled for her as well. Thanks for sharing this stunning card! Hugs, sweet friend!

Gab said...

That is such a beautiful card , and what a lovely thing to do. I bet this young woman really cherishes it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails