Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A Little Prairie Cheer


Hello Everyone!  Oh boy have we been sick here - it's been no fun at all and the coughing won't stop!  GAH!  When I finally crawled out of bed I started colouring up this pretty coneflower or echinacea which I thought was rather appropriate considering it's healing properties but it still took me a few more days to make it into a card.

For this one, I've used Power Poppy's recent release called Prairie Cheer, stamping the coneflower image and sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (RV00, RV52, RV63, RV66, G40, G43, G46, BV04, YG00, YR04, YR09, YR27).  This has been cut out with Oval Nestaiblites and matted with Rich Razzleberry cut with Elegant Ovals.  The  base of the card is some Sweet Sugarplum layered with River Rock and some Pion Design DP.  In the corneer of the DP I've stamped the sentiment, also from Prairie Cheer in black ink.  (Isn't that sentiment perfect to go with the Echinacea!!)  Down the side I've cut some River Rock with Flower Lattice Die and added some very pale green ribbon over the top.  To finish I've added a couple of pearls to the corner.

Stamps - Prairie Cheer (Power Poppy)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry, River Rock, Pion Design DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Oval and Elegant Oval Dies, ODBD Flower Lattice Die, Pale Green Ribbon, Pearls, X-press It High Tack Foam Tape

That's all from me today, hope you are well in your part of the world and that you are inspired to stamp!  :)

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Kathy this is beautiful. Your colouring is perfect, love the richness of the razzleberry paper, makes your flower pop. Nice border accent up the side along with the ribbon and pearls to finish this off.
I hope you are on the mend. Take care,

Danni said...

Beautiful card!! and gorgeous coloring!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Kathy! I'm sorry you are so sick. It sounds like it's holding on, and I pray that you feel better each day! No fun, for sure. But I love the card you finished, and it is gorgeous! I I love the colors you've used! I love River Rock, and it's beautiful with Rich Razzleberry and Sweet Sugarplum. And what beautiful coloring, as always. Love the beautiful dies too and the lovely ribbon! Beautifully done, and I know this card will be loved...and I hope "you feel better" soon too! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Stacy Morgan said...

ANother beauty girlie. I like the clean feeling of this and the die cuts under the ribbon ~~adore~~ that. Beautiful

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails