Saturday, July 30, 2016

Did Someone Say Cake?


Hello Everyone!!  Today I have some cake for you!  OK, so not REAL cake, but rather the paper kind.  If you have been busy enjoying the Northern Hemisphere Summer, or rugged up and trying to stay warm during the Southern Hemisphere Winter and missed the Midsummer Stunner Power Poppy Release, it was chock full of yummy cake images!  Cakes are great because they are part of celebration - when you think about it, whenever there is a celebratory event, there front and centre is a delicious cake waiting to be enjoyed!  I'll be using all these images a lot for a variety of occasions!  So where did this cake come from?  Today I've used Dream Wedding by Power Poppy!

I've used a base of cream, layered with Cherry Cobbler cut with A2 Tranquil Moments and wrapped some white and ivory ribbon around it.  Next I stamped the cake image from Dream Wedding in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (R30, R32, R35, R37, R39, E50, E51, E53, YR21, YR23, YR16, E13, G40, G43, G46, N1, N3, Y11).  This has been cut with Large Oval Nestabilities and matted with cream cut with A2 Tranquil Moments and then popped up on X-press It High Tack Foam Tape.  To finish I added a bow and a few pearls.


Inside I stamped the same image in Memento Desert Sand and then stamped the sentiment, also from Dream Wedding, in Memento Rhubarb Stalk.

Stamps - Dream Wedding (Power Poppy)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Cream, Cherry Cobbler
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Desert Sand, Rhubarb Stalk
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Large Oval and A2 Tranquil Moments, White and Ivory Ribbon, Bow Easy, Pearls, X-press It High Tack Foam Tape

I was a little late for Power Poppy Friday, but you can catch all the girls amazing creations HERE!

That's all from me today, thanks for popping by and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Soooo pretty, Kathy! I love the inside, too. Marcy sure did have some gorgeous cakes this release!

Stacy Morgan said...

Yummy!This is very elegant Kathy with the maroon and the cream colors. Great die layers and silky ribbon bow.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Kathy! This is gorgeous, and I love Cherry Cobbler with the cream. And you and I both love these beautiful dies. I love the way you've layered them and added your gorgeous ribbons! And wow, I love your cake and beautiful coloring! I love your card inside too. Beautifully done! I really need to get this set out and make at least one of these for when I need a wedding card. Trying to build up my stash. Well, my friend, you keep warm. We've sure had a hot season here in the U.S and hotter than most this early in South Florida. But we sure love our A/C. Have a great week ahead, sweet friend, and thanks for sharing your beautiful work!! Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails