Tuesday, April 19, 2016

JustRite Jacarandas


Hello Everyone!  Today I'm playing with lots of new JustRite Papercraft goodies to make my card!  I really like this Multi-Step Seasonal Trees set - just imagine all the tree scenes you can create and as the title says, make it to suit any season at all!!  Here in Australia, very few trees actually change colour and lose their leaves - most are just green all year round!  I guess that is mostly because compared to my friends in the Northern Hemisphere, it's pretty warm all year round and not a flake of snow to be seen!

With that said, I've made the tree on my card into a Jacaranda!  Where I live these trees bloom twice a year, in May and October, lose all their leaves and leave only the purple flowers.  When the flowers die, the green leaves grow back.  They really are beautiful to see in full bloom and very soon my suburb will be full of them!  Here's a picture (not taken by me) for those of you who aren't familiar with them.


I've used a base of purple card and layered with cream, Baked Brown Sugar and some Graphic 45 DP.  Down one side is another piece of DP topped with purple ribbon.  I've taken a piece of white card and used Multi-Step Seasonal Trees to create my tree scene.  I've stamped the trunk in Rich Cocoa and the flowers in Lulu Lavender and Violet inks.  I've added the green grass and black bird using stamps from Multi-Step Seasonal Trees as well.  :)  I've sponged a little green ink across the bottom and blue around the tree.  I've cut this out with Hope Oval Frame Dies and matted with purple card using the largest die from the same set.  I've used the sentiment from Large Oval Sympathy, stamped in Violet ink and cut it out with the tag die from A2 Card Front Basics.  To finish I've added a few dots of Nuvo Crystal Drops in Crushed Grape.

Stamps - Multi-Step Seasonal Trees, Large Oval Sympathy (JustRite)
Paper- White, Purple, Cream, Baked Brown Sugar, Graphic 45 DP
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa, Bamboo Leaves, Lulu Lavender, Versacolor Violet
Accessories - JustRite A2 Card Front Basics, JustRite Hope Oval Frame Dies, Purple Ribbon, Nuvo Crystal Drops - Crushed Grape

That's all from me today, thanks for popping by and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy,
I don't leave comments very often on blogs, but love your card and what a beautiful tree, never heard of that tree.

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, that's pretty, Kathy! We don't have many purple flowering trees that I've seen here on the coast. A neighbor had something they called a tulip tree (purple) but I'm not sure if that was correct. It blew down in a wind storm. Anyway, your card is beautiful with the flowering tree and curly die cut!

Gab said...

Love this! And jacarandas are my favourite trees. I went to Sydney Uni and we had a saying that if you hadn't started studying by the time the jacaranda tree had flowered, you would fail your exams!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails