Saturday, February 13, 2016

Happy Birthday Dad!


Hello Everyone!  Today is my Dad's birthday so of course I had to make him a card!  I guess there are all sorts of things that you can use for the dreaded MAN card, but Dad *LOVES* ice-cream, anytime, anywhere.......seriously, I have seen him eat it for breakfast (admittedly I was a kid when that happened), but you get the idea.  :)  So I decided to reach for an older, but still available JustRite stamp set called The Scoop Vintage Labels Four that has a couple of big ice-cream cones in it!  I decided on the scoop over the soft serve because then you can make it a double!  :)

I've used a base of Marina Mist and layered with white and some Happy Days DP - love the retro feel (bit like Dad LOL - Mum, don't tell him I said that!). Next I've cut a piece of Marina Mist with Majestic Labels 25 and cut this in half and attached to the front.  Over the space where the cut is, I've attached another piece of Happy Days DP.  Then I've cut a piece of white using Labels 25, airbrushed it with Copic B14 while still in the die, popped it out and stamped the sentiment from The Scoop Vintage Labels Four on the side.  I've coloured the word 'Great' in B16 Copic.  Across the bottom I've added a couple of notched tags cut out of more Happy Days DP.  I've stamped the ice-cream cone from The Scoop Vintage Labels Four twice in Memento Rich Cocoa onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured them with Copics (E50, E51, E53, E23, E25, E27).  I've cut the second scoop and glued it to the top.  Nothing like a double scoop for your birthday right!!  :)

Stamps - The Scoop Vintage Labels Four (JustRite)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Marina Mist, White, Echo Park Happy Days DP
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa, Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Labels 25 and Majestic Labels 25, glue, scissors

That's all from me today, thanks for popping by and hope you are inspired to stamp and also have an ice-cream kind of day!


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! This is great! I love that it's vintage. Your paper is awesome, too. Happy birthday to your dad!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails