Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Tall and Rosy


Hello Everyone!  It's Australia Day here and most people go to the beach, have a BBQ, spend time with friends, play a little backyard cricket.......what did I do.....make a card of course!  LOL!!  Actually I did do some other things and enjoy our beautiful Summer weather, but I finished the day with a card using the brand new Power Poppy digi called Everything's Rosy.  I've also decided to make this a long card because this month's Power and Spark Challenge is to make a tall card and use a new technique or product!  I'm a little late getting around to making the challenge card, but you still have time to play along - but only until January 31st at 8pm!!!  By playing along you could WIN a stamp set of your choice from Power Poppy!!!  Which set do you have on your wish list????

I've used a base of Wisteria Wonder, layered with white punched both ends with a lattice border punch and topped with Maja Designs DP.  Down one side I've attached white and yellow ribbons.


I've printed the image and sentiment from Everything's Rosy onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured it with Copics (V20, V22, V25, V28, C3, C5, Y21, Y26, Y28, BG70, BG73, BG75, E50, E51, E53, G40, G43, G46, E21).  It's been cut with Large Oval Nestabilities and matted with more Wisteria Wonder cut with A2 Divine Eloquence and then popped up on foam tape.  To finish I've added a bow to the ribbon.

Stamps - Everything's Rosy (Power Poppy)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Wisteria Wonder, White, Maja Designs DP
Ink - Printer
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders A2 Divine Eloquence, White and Yellow Ribbons, Bow Easy, MS Lattice Border Punch, X-press It Foam Tape

That's all from me today, thanks for popping by and hope you are inspired to stamp!!  :)

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! That is gorgeous, Kathy! Well worth the wait. I know you've been busy and it's summertime there, but you pulled out all the stops for this one! I don't think I can ever get enough of this gorgeous image, especially with your expert coloring. Beautiful on your long and lovely card!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wowsers Kathy!! This is a real beauty!! I adore the colors you used to color this image, and your coloring is fabulous! Your elegant layout is perfect for this image! Wow!!!!!!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, wow, is right, Kathy!! First of all, Happy Australia Day, and I'm glad you got to do some fun things and finally also make one absolutely stunning card! I do so love this image, and you've really colored it up so beautifully - your coloring always delights and inspires me so much! And what a gorgeous "tall" card with the beautiful border punch and the gorgeous yellow ribbon!! And I so love the die you've used - it's a favorite of mine! Wow again (hehe, what can I say...I'm enthralled with it). Hugs, sweet friend, and what a treat today!

Gab said...

Happy Australia Day! Our school here in Hong Kong (the Aussie school!) celebrated its 21st birthday on Australia Day and all staff and students got a free lamington!
Gorgeous card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails