Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Happy 40th!


Hello Everyone!!  Today I have a different sort of card to show and I've made it for my brother who turns 40 this week!  :)  I've seen a few of this box cards around (and they fold FLAT to fit into a standard size envelope, how cool is that!) and thought I'd have a go making one since it's a biggish occasion! 

I actually found this download file at the Silhouette Store called Box Card: Birthday 30, 40, 50 (yes, it has all three ages as part of the download file! There are also other downloads for other ages.) by Lori Whitlock.  If you don't have a Silhouette, then you can follow the Pop Up Box Card Tutorial by the amazing Dina Kowal at Splitcoaststampers!


I simply cut out all the pieces in a variety of colours and used a piece of masculine type heavy DP from my stash and glued it all together.  It was fun and something a bit different for me and I hope he likes it, even if I am reminding him that's he's now hit the big 4-0!  LOL!!  I did write a little birthday wish for him on the front panel, just forgot to photograph it *before* I wrote it, so I've just blurred it, the cardstock was plain white!  ;)

Stamps - NONE (GASP!)
Paper - Brown, White, Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, DP
Ink - NONE
Accessories - Silhouette Store Download File, Silhouette, Glue

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting!!  :)

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Totally adorable, Kathy! He will love it!!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun special 'card' box for your brother as he celebrates this momentous b'day Kathy! Great colors for a guy on this - and how great that it folds flat if you needed to mail it!

Gab said...

That is so cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails