Friday, April 18, 2014

Build Me Up Buttercup!

Hello Everyone!  Today's card is for the Deconstructed Sketch Challenge (Number 147).  This is the first time that I've played along with the challenge!  I just loved this fun sketch and knew exactly what I wanted to do as soon as I saw it!!  :)

I've used a base of Baja Breeze and layered it with So Saffron and then a piece of white.  Over the top part of the white I've added the strips of paper for the Starburst technique and then added some So Saffron ribbon across the join.  Across the bottom I've stamped the sentiment from Marcella's Mixtape Vol.1 in Memento Tuxedo Black.  I've stamped these adorable buttercups, also from Marcella's Mixtape Vol.1  in Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (B00, B12, B14, B16, BG13, BG11, N5, Y21, Y38, G21, G24, E11, E13).  I've then cut it out with Large Circle Nestabilities and matted with more Baja Breeze cut with Lacey Circles and popped it up on foam tape.  To finish I've added a few Kaisercraft Lemon Pearls on each side of the sentiment.

Stamps - Marcella's Mixtape Vol.1 (Power Poppy)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, White, MME Bluebell DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Large Circle and Lacey Circle Nestabilities, So Saffron Ribbon, Kaisercraft Lemon Pearls, X-press It Foam Tape.

I really enjoyed this sketch challenge and must remember to pop by again to play along!

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!!  :)

5 comments:

Crestajune said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love your beautiful mix of papers and the perfectly colored image. Thank you for joining us at The Deconstructed Sketch this week. Hope to see you again!

Jean Bullock said...

Lovely card. Cool choice of papers for the starburst

Gab said...

Such a great design. What a fun sentiment too!

Katie Sims said...

Absolutely precious Kathy and so perfect for the challenge! That image is perfect! Hugs! :) I hope you have a wonderful Easter!

Jen Shults said...

Kathy this is just fantastic! I adore your image and the wonderful papers you put together! Thanks for joining us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails