Friday, January 18, 2013

Backgrounds Galore

Hello Everyone!!  If you've been following my blog for the last couple of weeks you would have seen many of the latest CHA release stamp sets, including new Background stamps!!  As much as I love a pretty image to colour, I've loved playing with these new backgrounds!!  Today's card hasn't used any DP at all --- all stamps!!!  :)

I've created my card with a base of purple bazzill and layered with white.  The next layer was another piece of white stamped with JustRite's Garden Gate Background stamp in Memento Teal Zeal.  To tone down this layer, I've airbrushed BG000 Copic Marker over the teal stamped background.  The next panel is white topped with another piece of white stamped with Floral Flourishes Background in Memento Lulu Lavender.  The flowers are from Circle of Love, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Copics (V01, V12, V15, V17, G40, G43, G46, BG78).  It's been fussy cut and framed with white cut with Spellbinders Marvelous Squares.  Across the bottom I've added some white crochet lace, topped with white satin ribbon.  The sentiment is from Buntings and Banners set and has been stamped in Tuxedo Black and cut with Nested Lacey Pennants.  To finish I've added some pearls to the corners and a bow to the ribbon.

Stamps - Floral Flourishes and Garden Gate Background, Circle of Love, Buntings and Banners (JustRite)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, White, Purple Bazzill
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Lulu Lavender, Teal Zeal
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Marvelous Squares, White Crochet Lace, White Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, White Pearls, Scissors, Foam Tape.

You can find more backgrounds inspiration here.....
JustRite Inspiration
Kathy Jones
Sheri Holt
Barb Schram

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you are inspired to stamp!!  :)

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow, Kathy, this is stunning! It's an unusual color combo, but it looks awesome together! Your coloring is awesome too! I'm still using my pencils, lol...can't teach an old dog new tricks! Miss you, hope things are going well for you! Blessings! Kathy

Franci e in Montreal said...

Oooh! Nice. Love the colours and your colouring and overall design. Very very nice.

pam124 said...

Makes me wonder why we don't make our own b/g dp as yours turned out beautifully Kathy. Love those layers and your flower is colored to perfection!

Edna Morrisedie said...

I love the stamp-a-licious background layered up, my type of stamping, looks great!

Leslie Miller said...

Honestly, your whole blog is a feast for the eyes. This one is stunning! I'm amazed with what you've done with the background stamp. Great color combo. I would have thought it was some gorgeous paper. Beautifully colored floral image, as well.

Gab said...

So pretty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails