Monday, January 16, 2012

FS258 Inspired by Music

Hello Everyone!!!  I had to make a Masculine birthday card for a Music Teacher and decided to use this week's Featured Stamper challenge as inspiration.  I've chosen THIS card by Holstein and have modified the layout somewhat and changed the stamps, but kept the colours and theme the same.

I've used a base of Riding Hood Red, layered with white and then another piece of white stamped with JustRite's new Shabby Music Background Stamp in Tuxedo Black.  Down this I've added a wide red ribbon topped with a knotted piece of black grosgrain.  For my feature panel, I've stamped Musical Notes Labels 20 twice, once in Rhubard Stalk, once in Tuxedo Black.  The red one has been cut out with Labels 20 Nestabilities.  The black one I've coloured the centre with Copics and cut it out, popping it up on foam tape.  Next I stamped the bird (also from Musical Notes Labels 20), coloured with Copics, cut it out and adhered to the side of the panel.  I've created the customised sentiment using the now retired 25pt font and made it into a notched tag.  I've finished by added a few black rhinestones to the top corner.

Stamps - Musical Notes Labels 20, Shabby Music Background, Times New Roman 25pt Font (JustRite)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Riding Hood Red, White.
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Rhubarb Stalk
Accessories - Copics, Labels 20 Nestabilities, Red Ribbon, Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Want2Scrap Black Rhinestones, Scissors, Foam Tape.

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting!!

9 comments:

EllenaElizabeth said...

The music teacher will no doubt love this card and appreciate the relevant theme.

Edna Morrisedie said...

I love these label stamps very flashy and the bird is tops and is the colour combo.... guess you better get used to that little number combination!!!

Marisa said...

Love the musical score in the BG. Sure he will love the card. As for Edna's comment, no worries, my number combo will be ten more than yours in a few days! Enjoy some warmth and sunshine for me (and a mango or two too!)

Jessie said...

Great use of the stamps, the card is fantastic!

Leigh said...

Love this card. That musical background is fabulous and is on my wish list. As usual wonderful colouring too. Wonderful combination of the two stamps in the Musical Notes set too.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, this is wonderful! Beautiful stamps and so creative the way you've put it all together. Gorgeous but masculine. A great combination!

Susan (rainy) said...

Wonderful color combo for a fabulous masculine card. Your music teacher will be thrilled no doubt to have such a perfect creation to call his own.

Francie G. said...

So very beautiful, Kathy! Love the musical score and the fabulous framing of the sentiment!

Sheila said...

Lovely card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails