Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Let's Play Footy!

Hello Everyone!!!  Today is the last Wednesday of the month and that means it is Challenge time over at the CopicOz Blog!!  I'm the Hostess this month, so I hope you'll check it out and play along with me!!  :)


Today I've used Footy Luka from La La Land Crafts.  This little dude comes with a plain jersey, but since I love my boys in Red and Black, I've drawn in a sash with a .3mm multiliner to create an Essendon Bombers football uniform!  :)  Personally I think he turned out a little like Hirdy which is perfectly fine with me!!  LOL!!  However, I can see that I will be drawing in vertical stripes and colouring them black and white (Collingwood for the FIL) or yellow and brown (Hawthorn for my Dad) - don't you just love the versatility! Imagine colouring him in your fav team colours!  :)

I created my base with Black card, red bazzill, white card and some Kaisercraft DP.  The vertical panel is more black (punched with MS Zig Zag punch) and topped with (of all things) Kaisercraft Christmas DP!!  LOL!  I've used Large Oval Nestabilities to cut some red and Small Oval Nestabilities to cut a piece of white.  Did them both at the same time with the Grand Calibur......gotta LOVE that!!  :) The white oval was then embossed with Stars EF.

Footy Luka was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (E000, E00, E01, E11, E13, E50, E51, E53, YR31, C3, C5, C7, R22, R24, R29, R59.)  I've cut him out and popped him up on X-press It Foam Tape.  To finish I added a couple of silver brads to the top corner.

Stamps - Footy Luka (La La Land Crafts)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Black, White, Red Bazzill, Kaisercraft After Five DP and Christmas Carnival DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Large and Small Oval Nestabilities, Stars EF, MS Zig Zag Punch, Silver Brads, Scissors, Foam Tape.

That's all from me today, thanks for visiting and hope you play along with me at CopicOz!!  :)

8 comments:

Marisa said...

This is too cute :) Hubby is a rugby fan but I can't remember who he cheers for (can you tell I don't watch it LOL!). Regardless, I know it is a BIG thing down your way adn this guy is too cute!! Great card :)

Leigh said...

Fabulous card Kathy. Love the stripe you added. Cool.

Jessie said...

Love it!

Jodi Collins said...

Your coloring is RIDICULOUSLY fabulous Kathy!! WOW!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous coloring Kathy! Wowzer girl!! Love that fun image too.
Hope all is well!
hugs,
Chris

Gab said...

He looks amazing! The only way he could possibly be any better is if he was in a black and white jumper!!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Holy Hirdy, he has a stride on doesn't he!! Nice job with the black and red and great tone to the skin!

Let me think, how many sporty images do I have...... ZERO!

velta said...

Well Kathy, the red and black certainly made this little guy cuter than ever! Again, your coloring is perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails