Friday, September 10, 2010

Pretty in Pink

Hello Everyone!  Today is my sister-in-law's birthday so I've made her a pretty, girly card in her favourite colours - pink and green.  I hope she likes it!  :)  I've used this week's 2 Sketches 4 You sketch for the layout.

I started with a base of pink bazzill and layered with paler pink and then some Memory Box Gossamer DP.  Across the bottom third I've added another layer of pink that has been punched with the MS Deco Fan punch and topped with some May Arts White Satin Ribbon.  In the middle I've added some pale pink that has been cut with the Label 13 Nestabilities.  The roses are from Flourishes' A Year of Flowers 2 set and has been stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (G20, G21, G24, G28, RV000, RV32, RV34).  They've been cut out with Large Circle Nestabilities and matted with green bazzill cut with Large Scallop Circle Nestabilities and then popped up on foam tape.  To finish I added a few Kaisercraft Snow Pearls to the corners.

Stamps - A Year of Flowers 2 (Flourishes)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Pink Bazzill, Pale Pink Bazzill, Green Bazzill, Memory Box Gossamer DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Label 13, Large Circle, Large Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Deco Fan Punch, May Arts White Satin Ribbon, Kaisercraft Snow Pearls, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

15 comments:

Liz Weber said...

Hi Kathy, this card is so pretty and soft and girly. I am sure your sister in law will LOVE it.

PS: My birthday is this month hint hint ;-)

Have a great weekend!

Cyndi Landrigan said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful card Kathy!

Yvonne Hagane said...

Oh my GOSH this is sooooooooooo beautiful, Kathy!! It just jumped right at me. I can`t believe how perfect this card is. The colors, the coloring (amazing!) and the entire impression of this card is perfect. Well done!
Haver a great weekend:)
Hugs.

Marisa said...

I'm sure she will love it, Kathy! Great colouring and I love the way you layered the focal image. Lovely use of the MS punch on the pink horizontal strip :)

The Rubber Maid said...

What's not to like?? I think it is just gorgeous and I'm sure you SIL
will love it. Happy weekend. Pat

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous, Kathy!

Regan said...

Beautiful card. The colors are soft and beautiful. With your talent you really should consider entering the challenges over at Papercraft Star http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com they are offering a lot of prizes right now too! Oh and they post all of their challenges weeks in advance to give crafters a head start!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW simply gorgeous Kathy. So soft and elegant!!! I love this card and your coloring is fabulous!!! Happy Birthday to your SIL!!! Hugs ~S~

Mona Pendleton said...

Stunning card Kathy! Those roses look real! Love the dimension!

Denise Marzec said...

Wit Whewwwwww! AWESOME coloring!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous... your sil will LOVE it.

Sharon said...

Another beauty Kathy! I just love this shade of pink! Beautiful image and colouring too :)

Sharon x

Edna Morrisedie said...

Well this is pretty in pink innit!! I like the label layers they look nice with the roses!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails