Saturday, March 6, 2010

Tags for Boys!

Hello Everyone!!!  Today my 8yr old son had to go to a birthday party and the challenge at JustRite Stampers is to create a Terrific Tag.  Get out your JustRite stamps and make a tag and you could win a $50 JustRite Gift Voucher!!!  Personally I would have preferred to add some pearls or rhinestones, pretty paper and maybe some flowers, but unfortunately boys don't seem to appreciate these finer details!  :)  These tags are so quick and easy to make and I swear this one took all of 10mins to make!!

I started with a piece of blue bazzill, cut the corners and embossed it with Distressed Stripes EF.  Through the middle I added some chocolate bazzill (unfortunately it looks black - but it's dark brown!) and layered with a piece of white that had each side punched with the Fiskars Upper Crest Border Punch (if I can't have pearls, I HAVE to use a punch!!!) and then embossed with the Distressed Striped EF.  Next I stamped the centre and border from Birthday Wishes in Not Quiet Navy Ink on white and cut is out with Large Circle Nestabilities, matting it with some darker blue bazzill cut with the Large Pinking Circle Nestabilities.  I popped the Pinking Circle up on Foam Tape, punched a 1/2" hole in the top and attached it to the bag handle with a bit of raffia.  Super fast and easy!!!!  I hope the birthday boy likes this and the Star Wars Lego that is inside the bag!!!  :)

Stamps - Birthday Wishes (JustRite)
Paper - Blue Bazzill (2 shades), Brown Bazzill, White
Ink - Not Quite Navy
Accessories - Large Circle and Large Pinking Circle Nestabilities, Distressed Stripes EF, Fiskars Upper Crest Border Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

20 comments:

Liz Weber said...

Gorgeous tag Kathy, just love how the embossing and punch jazzes it up. My 8 year old son makes his own cards and tags for friends birhtdays as I am not "allowed" to do them for him anymore lol.

Have a great weekend.

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kathy - this is great - what a great job you have done on a 'boy tag!' Great colours and 'KOOL' font! I am sure this'work of love' will be admired and then the contents of the bag be the STAR of the show!LOL!! They just don't get it!! Hope you are having a great day! {{{hugs}}}

Leigh said...

Excellent tag Kathy. Just right for a boy.

Marisa said...

Great tag, Kathy!! Perfect for a boy. So hard to refrain from the extras when making things for the male gender LOL!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nice job on the tag... I like the continuation of embossing across the layers, this looks good!

Michele Kovack said...

What a great tag this is! It is absolutely perfect for a boy!!!

Unknown said...

very nice tag Kathy!! I like the embossing. I think it is perfect for a boy. I think it could be changed up a bit and be great for a girl too. I think I might have to "lift" this sample :)
TFS,
Angela

Silke Ledlow said...

Kathy - this is cute,cute,cute!!! Perfect tag!!! I bet the birthday kiddo loved it too!!! Hugs ~S~

ChristineCreations said...

What a cute tag Kathy! I love your use of the punch on the bordering...really cool looking!

Denise Marzec said...

OH how SUPER cute!!

Grace said...

Oh wow Kathy! THis is adorable for a boy's bd!!! I love it! I love that border punch! I have to look into that one! Perfect for the more non foo-foo card! LOL! Love this!!!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Great boy tag Kathy! Love that border around the tag and the nestie "pinking shears" treatment!

Unknown said...

wow how awesome is this! Love it :)

Unknown said...

Great tag for a boy.

Sammi said...

Hi Kathy! Just found your blog! Hi from a fellow aussie :D
LOVE this tag for a boy! brilliant!
Sammi
xxx

Connie M. said...

Oh this is such a wonderful "boy" tag, Kathy!! How fun!!

Rosietoes said...

Great strong colours and minimal 'fuss' - perfect boy's tag Kathy.
Edna x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I always struggle not adding all the extras on to my creations when making things for guys. Your tag is perfect!!

Big hugs,
Chris

Stacy Morgan said...

Super cute and yes all boy. Great tag...

Santaread said...

Your card is so pretty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails