Thursday, February 5, 2009

Elegant Engagement

I had a call from a lady from school asking if I still made cards - she wanted a nice engagement card for her nephew, but didn't want something soppy or flowery. The only other request was that it be in cream and black.
Soooo....I started with a Very Vanilla card base, topped with some black and then other layer of VV which I put through the cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder (I love Swiss Dots!!!) The middle panel is a piece of black and topped with some VV with the large flourish from Stampin Up! Baroque Motifs set in black ink. The sentiment in each corner was made using my Just Rite rectangle block and the Special Occasions font (for the first letter of each word) and the Small Letter Set and stamped in black in each corner. (To my horror, I discovered that I didn't own a single stamp that said 'engagement'! How did that happen??) In Australia you can buy Just Rite products at The Little Online Card Shop . The circular panel was made using the Small Letter Set again for the names and the '10 Designer Centers and Borders' set for the border, also stamped in black, cut out with circle nestabilities and mounted on some black card cut with the circle scallop nesties and then popped up above the flourish. I finished by adding some black satin ribbon loops to the top left and bottom right.
I was fairly happy with the result and the lady was delighted! :)
That's all for today, thanks for visiting!! :)

3 comments:

jhet said...

Oh, I would be very delighted as well! This is really elegant-looking Kathy! Good job!! :)

Leigh said...

Definitely elegant Kathy. Beautiful.

nancy said...

this is elegant. I love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails