Sunday, December 7, 2008

Another Teacher Thank You...


What do you do when someone calls and desperately asks for a really nice card....oh, and can you have it for me in a couple of hours??? YIKES!!! Well, I turn to other designers for inspiration and that was the case here. I found this most gorgeous card by the incredibly talented Amy Sheffer aka Pickletree . I just love her elegant style and thought it would be perfect for what I needed. I managed to make this in time thank goodness!!
I started with a Close to Cocoa base, matted with a very pale pink bazzill and topped with some Chatterbox DSP. The middle layer uses the same brown and pink and topped with white that I stamped the branch from SU's 'Artfully Asian' set which is still available from the Australian SU catalogue. I stamped the image in Close to Cocoa and coloured with markers. The butterflies were punched out with the Royal Butterfly Martha Stewart Punch (which a kind friend sent me from the USA, since you can't find MS stuff ANYWHERE in Australia.....and believe me, I've looked!) in the DSP and put some little Kaiser pearls down the body. The sentiment is from Pocket Silhouettes (not in Australia yet) and punched out with the Curly Label Punch set (also not in Australia yet). Finished off with some white and brown organdy ribbon and paper pierced the corners (there had to be piercing there somewhere!!! LOL!!!)
That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!! :)

3 comments:

jhet said...

Hi Kathy,

This is very beautiful! Good on you as you have punches from US, lol!

Btw, did you receive my reply to your email? Take care and keep in touch.

Have a blessed day!

Kay's Creative Corner said...

Very BEAUTIFUL!!!

Robyn said...

This is so lovely! Great job getting it done in such a short time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails